Parents and Guardians: Happy New Year, and welcome back to school.
We are excited to start the second semester of the 2023-2024 school year. Please review the following information about student attendance:
• Research consistently shows that students who attend school regularly perform better academically, develop crucial social skills, and are better prepared for the challenges of the future.
• Schools are evaluated based on overall attendance. A high attendance rate reflects the commitment of Sylvania High School to provide an effective learning environment for our students.
• Your support in ensuring your child's regular attendance not only benefits their personal growth but also contributes to the positive image of our school.
• When students are absent, they miss out on valuable learning opportunities that are challenging to replicate through make-up work alone.
• When your child is absent from school, please send a parent note or doctor's excuse within 3 days of their absence.
• You may use up to 4 parent notes each semester. Unexcused absences are considered truancy.
• The full attendance policy can be found at www.dekalbk12.org
Thank you for helping us provide your child with the best education possible!